Second call for abstracts for the 8th International Conference on Multimodality (8ICOM) to be hosted in Cape Town, South Africa.
Abstract Deadline: 1 June, 2016
Conference theme: Multimodality Landscape: Designing, changing, shaping.
We envisage a broad interpretation of the theme ‘Multimodal Landscapes’ with sub themes divided into research, pedagogy and practice. The conference welcomes interdisciplinary papers that consider a multimodal approach towards the research areas identified below. The list, however, is not intended to be limiting.
– Communication and identity
– Technology and digital access
– Teaching, learning and assessment
– Change and transformation
– Signs and signage in space and place
– Framing and frameworks
– Materiality and artefacts
– Online abstract submission will open soon.
For more details on the conference and how to submit an abstract, please visit: www.8icom.co.za